expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Cookie Consent

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Yummy Mummy Recipe: Mexican Casserole

This week I accidentally made 2 Mexican dishes back to back. I usually try to have a variety, but the Hubby was happy with the menu options, so it wasn't such a bad mistake to make. ;)

The first was my slow cooker veggie chilli, which I ended up using the next night as part of this recipe- I was quite impressed with myself. As per my usual routine, I checked out my Food & Recipe board on Pinterest for inspiration. I'd pinned this lil beauty from The Kitchen of a Navy Wife a while ago and was glad to have the chance to try it out. I'd say this was definitely a success- and major bonus: SUPER EASY.

Image Source: http://www.navywifecook.com/2013/01/mexican-casserole.html


Yummy Mummy Recipe: Mexican Casserole
Serves: 6

Ingredients:

1½ cup tortilla chips, crushed
½ pound ground beef
1½ cups salsa
1 can chili (with beans)- or use your own! ;)
8 oz sour cream
¾ cup canned diced tomatoes, drained (I skipped these)
Black olives (skipped these too- but could swap for jalapenos for an added kick)
½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350.
Spread tortillas along base of baking dish.
Brown ground beef in pan. When cooked, add salsa & chilli; mix well.
Spread beef mixture over tortilla chips.
If using canned tomatoes, add on top of beef mixture.
Spread sour cream over top. Add olives and/ or jalapenos. Sprinkle with cheese.
Cook for 20- 30 minutes, or until cheese is nice & bubbly.

Serve with corn bread (recipe here) or tortilla chips. Ole!