expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Cookie Consent

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Yummy Mummy Recipe: Salmon Tostis (Salmon Cakes)

This is another recipe from the EatingWell.com cookbook that I recently downloaded. If you are starting to think all I eat is salmon, think again. :P I enjoy the challenge of working with ingredients I already have, and especially enjoy how this helps with the budget!



I used fresh grated potatoes instead of the frozen hashbrowns the recipe calls for and was happy with the result. I skipped the sauce and served these with straight up sour cream, steamed carrots & beans, and roast potatoes & spaghetti squash! phew! A colourful plate! :)

Yummy Mummy Salmon Tostis (Salmon Cakes)
Total Time: 30 min
Makes: 4 servings, 2 per person

Ingredients:
2 6- to 7-ounce cans boneless, skinless wild Alaskan salmon, drained
1/2 cup finely chopped red onion 
2 large eggs plus 
1 large egg white, lightly beaten 
1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard (I used dijon)
3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 3 teaspoons dried, divided 
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper 
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 cups frozen hash brown shredded potatoes (I just used fresh potatoes, peeled & grated)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
1/3 cup reduced fat sour cream
1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and chopped
1 teaspoon lemon juice
The salmon cakes ready to go




Yum Yum!