expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Cookie Consent

Monday, October 7, 2013

DIY: Recent Projects

I hope you all had an amazing weekend! I enjoyed some quality time with the Hubby & family and worked on a few projects around the house. This past week I came across some furniture that I knew would be perfect for some DIY love, so I took the opportunity to work on the finishing touches. 

When it comes to refinishing furniture, the trick is to find good quality pieces with unique features that can be showcased with a facelift. Both of these pieces stood out to me because I could see their potential. With the dining table I knew that a distressed look would bring out the beautiful shape of the legs and I'm pretty happy with the result.  

For the side table I originally intended to distress it, but liked how the paint looked clean & fresh after a few coats, so decided to leave it. Both were refinished with FAT Paint & Wax from the FAT Paint Company. If you haven't already, check 'em out!

Vintage Dining Table with Leaf

BEFORE
Solid piece, good lines, but needing some love...


AFTER
Refinished in Soft White & dark wax





Side Table

BEFORE
One person's trash...


Is another person's (mine!) treasure!
Refinished in Caribbean Blue