expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Cookie Consent

Friday, November 15, 2013

Amazing Mom Feature: Amanda Keulen, Blink Kids



Have you ever been at a shower or birthday party and seen a gift you love so much, you ask the giver where they got it? Chances are you have. This week's Amazing Mom, Amanda Keulen, was making items for her kids & as gifts and had so much interest she realized she had a lucrative business at her fingertips. And so Blink Kids was born! Starting out selling at craft fairs, her products are now available online (check out her website here). 

If you love quality, hand- made (and local!) products, Amanda's are the kind of sewn goodies that you'll love to give as gifts and probably want to keep for yourself (ahem, how about getting that holiday started and support a local Mom in the process???). Using bright patterns & fabrics, Amanda's creations are perfect accents for your home or cheerful gifts for little ones. Read on to learn more about this Amazing Mom...

Amazing Mom Amanda!


1.     What kind of products and/ or services do you offer?

I sew items for babies, kids, & Moms. Baby items: blankets, bibs, burp clothes, binky clips, toys etc; items for kids: aprons, bags, pillows, games, costumes, hair accessories etc; and items for moms or around the home: nursing covers, pillows, blankets, aprons, bags and more!

2. What is the price point?

My pricing is very affordable most items are under $30. Some of my more time consuming blankets are priced a bit higher $40-$60.

3. How long have you been operating and how did you start?

I have had this business for 3 years now. I started at local Christmas craft fairs and then eventually started selling online as well.

4. How did you decide what to do?

I have always been a sewer and once I started having my own kids I was making various items for them, and for their friend's birthday party gifts.  Other's would ask where I got them from and when I told them I made it, they asked, “Can you make me one too?” The more people that asked and actually liked what I made encouraged me to start selling these products. 

5. What is your favourite part of what you do? What is the biggest challenge?

My favorite thing is to create new items and then watch my kid's (and their friend's) reaction, to see if they actually like what I made!
My biggest challenge is everything online! Starting a website and doing all the social media sites is not my forte. Fortunately I have recently hired someone who does love to do all that, so I can focus on my sewing! 

            6. Any advice to other ladies/ moms looking to start their own business?

Do what you love! I never thought I'd be able to make a business out of my hobby, but I'm so glad I did because I LOVE sewing in my studio. I'm so passionate about what I do. Also network!! Finding support from other's that have a similar business as you can be very helpful to bounce ideas around, ask questions and hear other's success stories!! 

Check out below to see some of Amanda's beautiful work!


If your lil one loves those taggie toys...



Perfect for a nautical themed nursery!






Amanda has offered a beautiful apron up for grabs (a $25 value!) to The Pampered Baby readers!
How cute would this be to give for Christmas?!

There are 3 ways to enter: 
Leave a comment about your favourite holiday baking, and/ or Like The Pampered Baby & Blink Kids on good ol' Facebook. 

;)