expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Cookie Consent

Friday, November 29, 2013

Amazing Mom Feature: Anita Alberto, Anita Alberto Photography


If you asked someone the classic question "If your house was on fire, what would you try to save?", aside from people & pets, the likely answer is photos. They're the memories and keepsakes that mark the milestones in a family and remind us that material possessions mean far less than the value we often place on them. 



This week's Amazing Mom is Anita Alberto and her photography business of the same name. Her work is stunning, her prices are reasonable, and she has the coveted talent of getting the shot of your youngster that you and hubby have tried countless times to capture (if you check out her Facebook page, my friend's lil guy is her current model, and I have it on good authority that Anita's charming talent was very much appreciated to get this young man to smile on camera). 

Like many, Anita took a leap of faith to chase her passion, and has been a full- time photographer for 5 years. If you're been thinking about getting some photos for Christmas or to mark another special occasion, look no further. Read on to learn more about Anita and her beautiful business...














1.     What kind of products and/ or services do you offer?
I am a portrait photographer. I love people! My favorite is families, starting with maternity. I love capturing memories for the parents and watching their babies grow with them. I believe photography is a celebration of the family.











1.     What is the price point?
My sessions start at $300.00 and include a memory book. I want all my clients to walk away with something to have and cherish. The book is a beautiful keepsake.











1.     How long have you been operating and how did you start?
I've been in business for 12 years. I started out part time while I also worked at Safeway and raised my daughter as a independent parent. As my business grew, I took a leap of faith and left my job of 20 years to pursue my dream. I've been working full time for 5 years.










How
did you decide what to do?    
Funny story. I was working at Safeway and a customer came in who was injured. I was helping him and he asked me what I wanted to do with my life. I said, out of the blue 'I want to be a photographer' (I didn't even have a camera at the time or any experience using one). It turned out he was a successful professional photographer and he helped me get started.
1.     What is your favourite part of what you do? What is the biggest challenge?
Making people happy is my favorite thing about my job. Most challenging is balance between life and work. I love what I do and it's hard for me to put it away!! It's especially hard right now as I just had another baby and I also have a teenage daughter. So I am learning how to make the most of my time. 
Any
advice to other ladies/ moms looking to start their own business?    
My advice is to write a business plan every year. If you can hire and work with people that can help you build your business, don't try to do everything. Do what you do best and get help with the rest!!
You can see more of Anita's work on her website & Facebook page. 
In honour of this feature, Anita has generously offered a $50 gift certificate towards a baby photo session! You can enter by Liking Anita Alberto Photography & The Pampered Baby on Facebook, and by leaving a comment on The Pampered Baby's Facebook page (subject: favourite time of year for photos & why).

All imaged courtesy of Anita Alberto Photography.