expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Cookie Consent

Friday, November 22, 2013

Creating Traditions: Christmas Activites

Image Source: http://www.grousemountain.com/events/the-peak-of-christmas-2013

Every family has a favourite tradition (or a few) when it comes to the Holidays. Growing up, we would always visit Santa at the mall (and my Mum would always explain how Santa had the time to be there!), I loved going to the Christmas Train at Stanley Park, and the pantomime at the Surrey Arts Centre. My Mum and I would also build a ginger bead house and bake to our hearts content. Looking back, I have fond memories and appreciate even more the effort my parents made to infuse traditions into the holidays. 

While this time of year can be busy- and expensive!- I find the older I get, the more I would rather spend the time and money on activities, building traditions & creating memories, rather than fighting the grumpy crowds at the mall and the awkward task of trying to figure out what to get for that hard to buy for relative. 

Whether you attend a community activity or create your own with loved ones, there are endless ideas to create beloved traditions. Since this will be our first Christmas as a little family, I wanted to try and pick a few traditions that we will carry on through the years. A combination of those from my own childhood and a few new ones, I thought I'd share some ideas with you as inspiration for your own planning. 

Listed below are some favourite Christmas activities around Vancouver & info on where you can find Santa at the local malls. Happy planning. <3

Image Source: 
http://crunchydomesticgoddess.com/2009/12/28/mint-candy-cane-chocolate-chip-cookies-recipe/


5 Favourite Vancouver Christmas Attractions:

1. Peak of Christmas at Grouse Mountain
November 23- December 24

2. Rogers Santa Claus Parade, Downtown Vancouver
December 1

3. Bright Nights Stanley Park Christmas Train
December 5- January 5

4. Festival of Lights at VanDusen Gardens
December 11- January 4

5. The Nutcracker Ballet
BC Ballet- December 28- 31
Goh Ballet- 14, 15, 20- 22


Photos With Santa Mall Hours:

Guildford Mall

Willowbrook Mall

Metropolis at Metrotown

Richmond Centre 

Park Royal 

Coquitlam Centre

Brentwood Town Centre

Lougheed Mall