expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Cookie Consent

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

DIY Bistro Chairs Facelift!

Heck yes! Another one under my belt. :) I completed this project to go with this table & I had a lot of fun breathing new life into these chairs. If you want to see more of my DIY projects you can check them out here and here (my DIY blog & portfolio). I used The FAT Paint Company's chalk style paint in Soft White & finished the chairs off with dark wax and am more than pleased with the result.

I try to fit these projects in between Ari's naps & in the evenings after she's in bed. It takes me a little longer to complete them than it did before, but I'd say they're well worth the wait. I've found that putting a bit of time aside throughout the day for 'me time' has been very important. Moms are always told to make a little time for themselves everyday; inevitably it doesn't always happen, but when it does, take the opportunity and run with it! It's very true: you can't take care of others, unless you take of yourself first.

So take a little time today and do something for you! (if you're reading this, maybe you already are). ;)

Here we go....


First I removed the seat, followed by a good wash & light sanding...


...followed by 2 coats of chalk paint....1 coat...


...2 coats...


...after sanding & a coat of wax...


...and a new seat cover...


...ready for their new home!