expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Cookie Consent

Monday, January 6, 2014

Yummy Mummy Monday: Lemon Squares

I have to thank my friend Celine for this recipe. She kindly brought these citrus-y delights as dessert one night and it's safe to say they were a hit! (My sister in law made a special request I get the recipe and include them in my Christmas baking!) I love that these yummy treats are not only really simple to bake, but they satisfy your sweet tooth with a zing! I hope you love them as much as I do!

Image Source: http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/category/all-recipes

Makes: 12 servings
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins

Ingredients:
CRUST 
1 cup flour
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup sugar
pinch of salt

LEMON CUSTARD 
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 (3 tbsps) juice of lemon
1 lemon zest, finely grated
2 eggs, beaten 

Instructions:
CRUST
Blend ingredients well and press into unbuttered 9"x9" pan
Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes

LEMON CUSTARD
Mix well and pour over bottom layer
Bake at 350 F for 25 minutes
Allow to cool & sprinkle with icing sugar

Tip: For cute presentation, cut the squares approx. 1- 1.5" big and place in mini cupcake or other pastry paper- if giving as a gift, find a cute bakery box so the receiver can see the goodies inside