expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Cookie Consent

Friday, February 14, 2014

Amazing Mom: Stephanie, Cutie Pie Boutique

I have a confession: I am totally that Mom that puts her daughter in pink and ruffles, and loves, loves, LOVES any excuse to put a cute headband on her cute lil noggin. I get that not every Mom is all about the girly- girl look. Totally get it. But it's pretty hard to resist some of the cute accessories that we can adorn our little ladies with (heck, I want some grown- up ones!), especially when doing so is supporting a local Mom in business. Encouraging cuteness with a mission? I'm all for it. 

I met this lovely Mom last year while shopping for some goodies for Ari. I think I spent half an hour just trying to narrow down my choices because I wanted to scoop up one of everything! I ended up coming home with some beautiful pieces that I get tons of compliments on. And did I mention that all of her pieces are handmade and affordable? The most expensive item she sells is $30, and the value for the price is excellent. I am so glad to know this amazing Mom and hope you will check out her online store, Cutie Pie Boutique and stock up on some cuteness! 


Here's some of what Stephanie had to say when we got together recently...
1.     What kind of products and/ or services do you offer?
 Hair accessories, hats, and a few outfits. 

2.     What is the price point?
 $2- $30; I don't charge more for my products than I would be willing to spend.

3.     How long have you been operating?
 4 years.

4.     How did you decide what to do?
Having a daughter of my own and lots of nieces, it was a natural thing to get into. I was always making pieces for them and kept getting asked by strangers where they got them.

5.     What is your favourite part of what you do? What is the biggest challenge?
My favourite part: hearing all of the positive feedback. I love knowing that people love my products as much as I enjoy making them. My biggest challenge is balancing my regular job, my daughter, and my passion with Cutie Pie Boutique. It's busy balancing it all!

6.     Any advice to other ladies/ moms looking to start their own business?
      Do something you are passionate about. If you do, it's easier to put the time and hard work in that's necessary.

       A little while ago Stephanie gave me a few adorable goodies to try out and it's safe to say I had a lot of fun testing them out for her (it's her products that inspired the Candy Hearts photo shoot!). The first was her new jersey knot headband, a 50's style adjustable, adorable headband that's available in a variety of cute prints (remember when I said I want one in my size? This is what I was talking about!). I love how soft it is and that I can adjust it to fit Ari as she grows; at just over $8, I don't think you can get more cuteness for your money. Stephanie makes these herself, and the quality shows. If you need any more convincing, just check out our beautiful lil model below...


Photo by Katherine Petrunia
Remember this lil cutie from our Candy Hearts Photo Shoot?


      The second cute piece Stephanie left me with was a cute flower headband for Valentine's Day. A lot of Stephanie's headbands and clips are sold separately, so you can mix and match them, but this style has the flower permanently attached (aka baby- proofed!). She has the back of the flower lined, so it's not only affixed to the band well, there's no rough surface rubbing on your lil one's tender skin. I have bought a few of these style headbands and love how stretchy they are, without fitting too tight. The flower has a pretty rhinestone detail that makes it perfect for dressing up- and really, who needs an excuse to show- off their kid's cuteness???

Photo by Katherine Petrunia
Couldn't you just pinch those cheeks???

I love that Stephanie's products are adorable and quality- you won't be running out to replace these pieces in a few days. This is a lady I love to support and am so glad to have met. I hope you'll check out Cutie Pie Boutique and tell Stephanie you read this post! 

You can check out Cutie Pie Boutique on Etsy and Facebook

   
     Stephanie has generously contributed a gift for a lucky TPB reader: A clippie set and headband! If you have a lil lady at home, or need a cute baby shower or birthday gift, this will be the gift that gets talked about! Check out all the ways to enter on our Contests Page- you can enter more than once! And see what other goodies are up for grabs!)



Logo & product imagess courtesy of Cutie Pie Boutique