expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Cookie Consent

Friday, March 28, 2014

Jewellery Advice with JQ Vancouver


Since we're coming to the end of Spring Break, I'm sure a lot of you ladies are ready for some well deserved me time. Keeping those kiddies occupied can be exhausting, leaving little time for ourselves while coordinating a variety of activities. With this in mind, I've been focusing on some things for us Moms this week. We all need some time out just for ourselves, and I thought a nice way to end the week would be with a feature on jewellery tips (who doesn't love jewellery???). Whether you love it as a wardrobe staple or bring it out more for special occasions, some carefully selected pieces can make accessorizing a quick & simple process. Jewellery can take an outfit from average to outstanding.  For this post I worked with Chelsey Andrews of JQ Vancouver to bring you some tips when selecting jewellery; here we focus on necklaces, but the tips apply to all jewellery pieces. Here's to some stylin' times ladies!

Look for pieces that can be casual & formal. Versatility is key. Stretch your budget by selecting pieces you can wear for a variety of occasions- from work to coffee dates to special nights out.


Pick items that are great layered or as stand alone pieces. 
A great way to make a statement is with a well- selected piece. For the right occasion- and outfit- layering 2 or more pieces can be even more stunning. Pendants, colours, length, and textures add visual interest when layering.

Splurge on classic pieces & be budget savvy with trendy items. Be strategic when making selections, allocating more money for pieces you will likely keep & wear for years to come. Items in classic tones such as silver & gold will go with more items in your wardrobe and you can make up for the simple colour choices by selecting bold pieces. Be selective when purchasing trendy items that may only be worn for a few months; what you might love right now may be forgotten come next season's trendy choices. 

A BIG thank you to Chelsey from JQ Vancouver for her contribution to this post! 


If you liked the pieces in today's post you can view the full collection here.


JQ Vancouver is a jewelry line that offers modern and minimalist necklaces and bracelets that are affordable, stylish, and extremely versatile for any outfit. Pieces range from $28- $32 and are available in the JQ Etsy Store and select retailers in the Vancouver area.

About Chelsey & JQ...
I love being able to provide women with necklaces they love and can wear with anything they already have in their wardrobes, whether it be a t-shirt or a dress. One of the biggest challenges for me is continually coming up with new designs that are different and just trusting that the design is something women will want to wear.

I started JQ Vancouver in March of 2013. At the time, I started noticing through social media and boutiques that a lot of local bloggers and jewelry designers were emerging. I went to Fashion Design School so I felt I had the basic knowledge on business and design. I’ve also always loved accessories so I decided designing jewelry would make a great hobby and business adventure as well! It began with a lot of research on different necklace designs, pendants, what other designers were doing, what stores were selling and how I could be different. I had a few visions of necklace designs so I, again, researched and then started ordering.

I really just jumped right into it and started ordering different pendants and chain and just let my      creativity flow. I was super lucky to be working at Muse Social Fashion House and was given the ok to have my designs in store! 

I think it’s really important to just trust yourself and believe that you have the skills to do whatever you set your mind to and just let things flow the way they will with no expectations. If you take it slow and step by step I think anything is attainable!