expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Cookie Consent

Friday, May 30, 2014

Amazing Mom: Marnie Huard, Cheeky Chops


Every parent knows the feeling of being sleep deprived or the frustrations of trying to get your child to learn new skills and get into good habits (ie potty training & healthy eating habits). It can be challenging and exhausting. It's hard to get anything done when all you want to do is sleep, and hard to have patience when you're tired and/ or frustrated. Today's Amazing Mom helps families establish good  habits so everyone- including Mom & Dad- can feel well rested and ready to face the day and whatever adventures lie ahead. Meet Marnie Huard from Cheeky Chops...
  
Get to know Marnie in 3 Questions: 
What kind of services do you offer?
I’m a Sleep & Parenting Consultant; I offer telephone and in-home sleep consultations, talk times, nutrition services (soon to be launched with an amazing holistic nutritionist) and potty training.

What is the price point?
Telephone Sleep Package: $350

In-Home Sleep Package: $450
(both include consultation, personalized plan, unlimited 3 weeks follow up)

Talk Time- vary according to time needed: from $40-$100

Potty Training: In Home $350 / Phone $250

Nutrition: In Home $380 / Phone $280

How long have you been operating and how did you start?
Cheekychops started in 2006; I started in September 2013. I actually used Cheekychops with my son and was amazed by the level of professionalism and the success I had with my son.

... Get to know Marnie a little better...
How did you decide what to do?
After using Cheekychops and re-gaining my sanity, I decided that I wanted to help other moms and dads to feel like themselves again.  Sleep is also so important for babies that it’s a great feeling to hear my clients say that their whole family is much happier and rested since they have used my services.

What is your favourite part of what you do? What is the biggest challenge?
My favorite part is the excitement and pride I hear in my client’s voice when their child starts sleeping better!

The biggest challenge for me is to balance my time with my son, husband, and my business. My husband is self-employed so he works long hours and we sometimes have to be creative to spend time as a family.

Any advice to other ladies/ moms looking to start their own business?
Make sure you have a realistic idea of the time you are able to put into your business versus the time you will actually end up putting in it. Everything takes so much more time than we plan for!


About Marnie: Originally from Newport, Quebec, Marnie moved to BC five years ago. She now lives in Langley with her husband, their very active son, and their dog. She has taken several psychology courses including child and developmental psychology and having experienced the negative effects lack of sleep has on a family and a relationship, Marnie understands all the challenges that come with it. Choosing Cheekychops Consulting to help her son sleep better was one of the best decisions she ever made for herself and her family. She serves the Langley, Abbotsford, Aldergrove, Chilliwack, and Hope areas.


If you need help getting your little one to sleep better, eat healthier, or just need some advice from a Mom who's been there, done that get in touch with Marnie:

Email: marnie.huard@cheekychops.ca 
Make sure to check out the Cheeky Chops website & Facebook Page for more info!

Marnie has offered a 10% discount on her services to TPB readers! To redeem, contact Marnie & mention this post to receive your discount!

May posts sponsored by Noah's Ark Hypnotherapy


Image Sources: SContent, Overstock.com
Logo Courtesy of Marnie Huard, Cheeky Chops