expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Cookie Consent

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Yummy Mummy Recipe: Slowcooker Shredded Beef

Some of my Mama friends who have been returning to work have commented on how difficult it is trying to balance coming home from work and putting a delicious & healthy meal on the table. After some thought, we all decided a great idea would be to share our favourite meals that are quick & easy and/ or perfect for the slow cooker. A little bit of extra time (and sanity!)? Yes please. So here's the first of what I hope will be become a regular feature on the blog: Yummy Mummy Snappy Recipes for busy Moms on the go: Slow Cooker Balsamic ShreddedBeef from Shugary Sweets.

Here's what my friend Celine- who sent me this recipe- had to say about it:
My son loved this. I love the slow cook balsamic vinegar taste and it didn't need the extra sugar. I peeled the potatoes and carrots the night before and had them sitting in the fridge ready to go for when I got home. All I had to do after work was quickly cook them for 10 minutes and dinner was done


Ingredients
  • 4-5lb beef chuck roast
  • 1 cup beef broth
  • 1/2 cup light brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 tsp kosher salt
  • 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
  • 3 cloves garlic, pressed
Directions:
  1. Whisk together all the ingredients and add to the bottom of a slow cooker. Add roast. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Remove roast and shred with a fork, return to juices.
  2. Serve and enjoy. The gravy is delicious with mashed potatoes too!

Image Source: Shugary Sweets