expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, June 13, 2014

Amazing Mom: Renee Schuck, Epicure



One of my goals is to eat as clean as possible. Am I perfect at it? Absolutely not, but I do my best. One of the challenges of removing ingredients such as salt and processed sauces and flavour mixes is replacing the flavour. It can be dang frustrating! Enter today's Amazing Mom, Renee. As a member of the Epicure team, she offers up yummy spices and other delicious ingredients that are gluten free, Kosher friendly, and made from non GMO sources; they're also low in sodium or sodium free. Youza! That checks a lot of my criteria for what I like to feed the fam. Plus, Epicure is based in Saanich, right here in BC- I love that such an awesome company is local too! 

But before I get carried away with my new love for Epicure, let me introduce you to Renee (she can tell you more about how to make yummy meals in no time! Check out her suggestions below)...

Hi, I'm Renee...

I live in North Delta with my husband, 3 year old daughter, 2 year old son, a Sheltie, and two cats.
I became an Epicure Selections Consultant in 2008 because I was interested in making healthier food choices and I loved the products and wanted to share them with others. I work full-time as an office manager and do Epicure Tasting Parties on evenings and weekends. I also run "Pantry Clubs" for people who love getting the host benefits but don't want to host parties in their home. I've also done fundraisers for several sports teams, a TOPS group, and BC Children's Hospital ChildRun.

Why I Love What I Do...
A lot of my customers are mothers like me looking for healthy, convenient foods to serve their families. Epicure's spices and dip mixes quickly and easily add lots of flavour to my favourite dishes, and I know that they contain ingredients that I'm comfortable serving my own children. Our What's For Dinner Packs are perfect for busy weeknight dinners when you need to get dinner on the table quickly

One of the first products that I fell in love with was our Vegetable Bouillon. For $10 a jar it makes 32 cups of Bouillon and there are only 40mg of sodium per cup! Compare that to the grocery-store brand that has 970mg (and ingredients that include MSG, sulphites, hydrogenated oils, and disodium inosinate). I add Epicure's Vegetable Bouillon to rice and quinoa dishes, stir fries, and it even makes a nice vegetable dip if you mix it with Greek yogurt.

Our Sansels (Lemon Pepper, Red Garlic, and Chili Lime) add delicious flavour to vegetables, chicken, egg dishes, and fish with no added salt! This time of year my favourite is Chili Lime Sansel on corn on the cob. Yum!

Some Ideas For Busy Families On The Go!
One of my "go-to" products is our silicone waffle mould. It makes 6 waffles at a time. I make a double batch of batter and freeze the leftovers. They can easily be heated in the toaster or toaster oven - perfect for busy mornings, and healthier, too! You can use your favourite waffle batter - I love adding pumpkin puree, ground flax seeds, and Epicure's Apple Pie Spice to my waffles to boost the flavour and nutrients.

Our dip mixes taste awesome and are so versatile! I usually substitute plain Greek yogurt for the mayo and sour cream when I make my dips so that they have less fat and a lot more protein. I also use them in my cooking. Our Herb and Garlic Dip Mix makes a wonderful garlic bread and is delicious in mashed potatoes and pasta dishes. Lemon Dilly Dip Mix is wonderful sprinkled on chicken, fish, carrots (with a little bit of butter and honey), and also tastes great added to potato and pasta salads.

Get in More Greens!
I can't say enough good things about our salad dressings! They have so much flavour without the chemicals that you find in most store brands. My favourites are the Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing Seasoning (delicious on pasta with a drizzle of olive oil and freshly grated Parmesan cheese) and Sesame Ginger Dressing Seasoning, which is amazing in noodle salads and is one of my favourite chicken and salmon marinades. In June if you spend $50 you can get a salad dressing seasoning for only $5!

About Epicure...
Epicure Selections is a 100% Canadian-owned company, based on Vancouver Island, that sells healthy spice blends, salad dressings, dip mixes, cookware, and pantry basics that are 100% Gluten Free, Nut Free, and many are low or no sodium. Epicure Selections was the first direct-selling company of it's kind in Canada to enroll in the non-GMO project - we have 104 products to date that are certified Non-GMO and more products are being added all the time!  Epicure's products are free of added MSG, fillers, and preservatives. 

If you would like to hear about Epicure's specials I send out a monthly email newsletter. I also have a Facebook Page where I post recipes, contests, and sales. The Epicure Selections website is also an excellent resource, with hundreds of recipes and meal ideas. If you would like more information about Epicure Selections products, fundraising with Epicure, becoming a consultant, or hosting your own Epicure Selections Tasting Party I would love to hear from you!

Links: 
Shop anytime!
Renee's Epicure Facebook Page
Epicure's Non-GMO Products List


If you're interested in getting some yummy healthy ingredients into your kitchen you can enter to win a $25 credit from Renee towards an Epicure purchase (redeemable through Renee online and in person). To enter, go to our Contests page for the details! Bon appetit!!!

Amazing Mom Renee with her two cuties!
Image Sources: Top image courtesy of Renee Schuck, Epicure Selctions; centre image photo credit: Katherine Petrunia; bottom image photo credit: Lisa Porter Photography

June posts sponsored by Cute Pie Boutique