expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Cookie Consent

Monday, September 8, 2014

Yummy Mummy Monday: Homemade Hummus

One of my good friends recently gave me some of her homemade hummus and I'm a little embarrassed to say it was gone within 10 minutes (!!!). Honestly, if I had a choice, I would usually pick another dip such as guacamole or tzatziki over hummus, but this stuff had me going back for more 'til there was none left. It's a nutrient- packed & simple dip to make and great to pack in work or school lunches with veggies or crackers. There are so many versions out there, but I am in love with this recipe from my friend, so I couldn't help but share it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! ;)


Yummy Mummy Recipe: Hummus
Ingredients:
1 can chickpeas, drained with liquid set aside
3 tbsp tahini (sesame paste)
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
3 tbsp olive oil
Sprinkle on cumin powder
2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
3 cloves garlic
Salt to Taste

Directions:
1. Place all ingredients in the food processor and blend until smooth
2. Add juice from chick peas until desired consistency is found

Enjoy with your favourite bread, crackers, pretzels, & other dippable goodies!

Image Source: Pinch of Yum

September posts sponsored by Cutie Pie Boutique