expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Cookie Consent

Friday, October 10, 2014

I Heart Fall: 3 Local Faves

The weather is definitely getting cooler and there's a crispness in the air that wasn't there a few weeks ago. Sigh, I have embraced Fall!

Now that we've shifted from the beach & lake, there's a great variety of local activities that are beckoning and I'm having a hard time deciding what to do first. As a kid the pumpkin patch was a must. But now it seems that a variety of local farms have opened up their facilities to families and there are a variety to choose from. So the question becomes, 'which do I choose?'. Because really, how many pumpkins do you need??? ;)

While talking with girlfriends and family, I realized that it can be hard to know what different venues offer and the prices can vary for different activities. And when you've driven specifically to a location, it's nice to know what to expect. (Some activities are seasonal, some are included with a flat fee, others are additional, etc).

So I thought I'd put together my top 3 picks for this year- please note I received no compensation or incentive to talk about these attractions- I'm just really excited for what these places have to offer.



What are your favourite places to visit in the Fall & why? I'd love to add to this list!

The Applebarn, Tave Family Farms
A favourite among locals for the fresh apples & variety of activities for all ages.
I've heard great things about this farm & I'm excited to be going here in a few weeks with my friend for the first time!

Location:
333 Gladwin Rd 
Abbotsford, BC
V2T 5Y1


Attractions: 
Hayrides
Pony rides
Apple picking
Pumpkin patch
Corn maze
Tire swings
Jumping Pillows
Animal barn (petting allowed)
Rates apply for various activities. Visit the farm website for more details.

For directions click here.

Krause Berry Farms & Estate Winery
Try their infamous waffles or milkshakes while you enjoy all the farm has to offer!
I love their country store that carries all sorts of goodies- many made from items grown on the farm. The wine is on my must- try list next time I go. ;)


Location:
6179 248th Street
Langley, BC,
V4W 1C3 

Attractions:
Future Farmers as Work Play Area
Tractor train rides
Pumpkin patch
Animal Area (seasonal)
Estate winery (perfect for the grown ups!) ;)
Rates apply for various activities. Visit the farm website for more details. 

For directions click here

SPECIAL EVENT: Fall Family Fun Festival, Saturday October 11, 9:30am- 4pm.
For more info click here.

Bose Corn Maze
Go get lost in this using trivia questions to guide you through. Fun during the day & night (just remember to bring a flashlight!)
This was a favourite of mine growing up since it was 5 minutes away from where I lived. Give yourself lots of time- the maze is a challenging beast!




Location:

64th Avenue & 156th Street
Surrey, BC

Attractions: 
Corn Maze
Pumpkin patch rides
Pumpkin patch rides free with purchase of pumpkin.

For directions click here. Visit the corn maze website for more details.


Image Sources:
Sweet Green House
Tave Family Farms
Krause Berry Farm
Boze Corn Maze

October posts sponsored by Cutie Pie Boutique