expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Cookie Consent

Monday, April 6, 2015

Yummy Mummy Monday: Gluten & Dairy Free Freezer Meal Menu

When I was pregnant with Ari I wasn't able to stock my freezer as well as I would have liked in preparation for the busy weeks following her arrival. Luckily we had family popping in with meals for us for the first two weeks, making it one less thing we had to find energy to do. But if it hadn't been for them, we would have probably eaten an unhealthy amount of take out due to exhaustion and lack of energy to cook. This time around we have a toddler to feed- and our diets have changed substantially since 2013- so I had to make sure we were stocked with healthy & tasty options that we could all enjoy. Pizza and takeout are just not options, so I was determined to pre- prepare as many meals as possible that could be pulled from the freezer & popped into the slow cooker or oven for those first few weeks when you need to simplify whatever you can. It took me a little while to accumulate a selection of ideas that were both gluten and dairy free- thank you Pinterest!- but I'm pretty happy with the variety of meals I was able to make.


I made these meals over a few days with the help of my Mum & Dad and as I had the time, but it's definitely a great feeling if you're able to put aside a few hours and pump them out all at once. Here's how I stocked my freezer for #2:

Gluten Free Chicken Noodle Soup*


*my Mum's recipe- I'll post soon) :)

Quantities:
Shepherd's Pie *4
Cabbage Rolls *2
BBQ Ribs *2
Chicken Fajitas *1
Mongolian Beef *1
Hawaiian Chicken *1
Asparagus & Salmon *1
Soups & pasta sauce *1 batch each (for the sauce 1 batch= 4- 6 meals for the 3 of us) 

I also made sure to stock up on dry goods like gluten free pasta, rice, rice noodles, etc to serve with the freezer meals that don't already have them included. 

How did you stock your freezer in preparation for baby's arrival? What are your favourite make- ahead freezer meals?

April posts sponsored by Little Dreamers Consulting