expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Cookie Consent

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Amazing Mom Feature: Alaina

There are great experiences to be had out there 
and they are yours to take. 
Go get them.

I think the whole month of May should be about celebrating Moms, not just one day. And what better way to end the month than a feature on an amazing lady? No matter what your mix is in life- stay at home Mom, working full time, or a combo of the two, it's important we try and find some balance (see what I did there? I said TRY- I know how hard/ impossible it can be, but we have to carve out some time to do something just for ourselves. You have to make yourself a priority too mama!). The lady I'm featuring today has found a way to be there for her family while still enjoying something for herself and conquering some personal fears and pushing herself in new ways while doing so.

The most important thing is to find something that is a fit for you. It doesn't have to be a crazy plot to get rich or change the world, what's important is that it makes you happy. Here's how one Mom is finding happiness.

"I took my last $30 and invested it in my own business" I never had a lot of friends growing up and as a mom making friends can be HARD! We are fairly new to the coast so I've got a couple roadblocks ahead of me in terms of friend making. When we moved here I was a stay at home mom, and BROKE, I was not used to living on one income. Last October I met a lady selling Tupperware at the Baby & Tot show in Abbotsford- I didn’t even know they sold Tupperware anymore. After thinking about it for a week or so I took my last $30 and invested it in my own Tupperware business. I thought 'Well, I'd love to get a discount, and help out some neighbours if they want anything...' It was a low risk opportunity with a company that has a name for itself already; I wanted to do something different, yet didn’t have the desire to create a business that was completely my own idea (I can't sew and I'm not crafty)I also wanted to find a way to get out of my shell and meet new people while earning some extra income. 

"I've learned more about myself and how to grow as a person" For me the biggest part of starting this business was doing something to help get me out of the house, out of my comfort zone. I'm
 a caregiver at home, all day & night in addition to my position as a personal care aide that I entered into last Fall. 
I really wanted to be in control of some sort of income other than what I was earning in that job. This has taught me to get outside my box and do things regardless of being turned down (which there is a lot of). It's teaching me that saying no to something I'm offering is different then saying no to me as a person. Having this business has been a great icebreaker for me and I've  made friends through a few gals at work. It also allows me to spend more time at home since I can work on stuff after the kids are in bed. It's even improved my people skills and helped me overcome differences with neighbours! Most importantly at the end of the day, I've learned more about myself and how to grow as a person- that’s the most important thing I take home. And making a bunch of new friends is a plus. :)


"If you never leave your comfort zone you will never know what you can achieve" If I have any advice to other ladies/ moms looking to start their own business: DO IT. You will never know unless you try. I have always been the type who talks about something I want to do for ages and then change my mind at the last minute because I'm too afraid of failure. If you never leave your comfort zone you will never know what you can achieve!! There are great experiences to be had out there and they are yours to take. Go get them.

You can check out Alaina's Tupperware business online & on Facebook.

May posts are sponsored by Little Dreamers Consulting