expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Cookie Consent

Monday, October 19, 2015

Yummy Mummy Monday: Healthy Snack Ideas with Love Child Organics


While I usually feature recipes in my Yummy Mummy posts, I also like to share about products that I have found, made with quality ingredients and that our family loves- especially since food allergies/ sensitivities are becoming an increasing issue for both adults and kids. When I find something that's allergy- friendly and love, I like to share about it in the hopes that it will help readers find products they will love for their own families.

If you don't already know this about me, I'm always on the lookout for healthy snack options that I can give Ari (Liam is just starting solids, so it's only a matter of time before he's eating 'big kid' foods too). It can be challenging finding options that are both gluten/ dairy free for Ari, so I often make my own snacks for her. A+ for being healthy, but sometimes you just need something convenient when you're in a hurry. Convenient and healthy isn't so easy to find, but I've got a few go- to brands that I love and trust their ingredients. Love Child Organics is one of them. I love this family- owned company's attention to quality and that they're based here in BC (fun fact: did you know they appeared on Dragon's Den and got a deal?).

I've bought a variety of their products and recently tried a few new ones that were just released: 3 new snacks- Teefies, Owlies, and Love Ducks- plus two new pouch flavours (gobbled up in no time). I'm sharing a little info about them below. You can purchase Love Child Organics products in a variety of stores including London Drugs, Save On Foods, and Walmart, and online at Well.ca.
Love Ducks are gluten- free puff- style snacks made with non- GMO corn flour, rice flour, sunflower oil, and dehydrated fruits and veggies. Trust me when I say these didn't stand a chance, Ari couldn't get enough of them. Puff snacks are popular with kiddos but usually lack in nutrition, so these are a great option that's both tasty and packing a nutritional punch.These are recommended for kids 9m+ and come in 2 flavours: carrot + apple, and tomato + carrot. 
Owlies are Love Child's first cookies and made with whole grains and spelt flour (which is easier to digest than wheat). These are nut free but not gluten free. If your child is only mildly sensitive to gluten they may be ok, but make sure you know if they're able to eat food with spelt flour. I enjoyed being the taste- tester for these and thought they were good (the raspberry vanilla flavour was my favourite). These are recommended for children 12m+ and come in 2 flavours: sweet potato + ginger and raspberry + vanilla. 

Teefies are nut- free multi- grain teething biscuits that are dual purpose: they easily dissolve for teething babies and make a great snack for toddlers. They are made from rice, buckwheat, amaranth, and millet and have no added sugar or salt. They dissolve really well and aren't sticky, making them perfect for new little eaters. I gave the pear beet flavour to Liam for the first time this week and he enjoyed being able to hold his biscuit while he chomped on it. While these are wheat and nut free, they're not gluten free but if that isn't a concern I really recommend them. These are great to pop in your diaper bag or purse and come 3 in a pack. Recommended for babies 7m+ and available in 2 flavours: pear + beet and mango + purple carrot. 



Love Child Organics is an organic children's food company preparing 100% pure and organic products powered by superfoods. Filled with nutrient- rich ingredients, Love Child Organics's products are made using only real, simple, and clean ingredients that parents will recognize and feel good about. 

Visit the LCO website to see all of the products they offer and find them on social media: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram 




October posts sponsored by