expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Cookie Consent

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Yummy Mummy Recipe: Quinoa Flatbread

 

I love making homemade pizza (this is the recipe I use and love), but sometimes I want a bit of a twist and something a little different is in order. I've tried several attempts of gluten free foccacia bread and flat bread and they've turned out like bricks. So when I came across some ideas for flatbread made with quinoa I was intrigued. So far I've tried a few versions and haven't been disappointed- serve up with some balsamic vinegar and olive oil for dipping for a yummy appy or make as a meal. (Next up is to try a sweet version with cinnamon)


Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
3 tsbp olive oil
2 eggs
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt & pepper
1/2 cup grated cheese (I used goat cheese)
1/4- 1/2 cup flour/ gluten- free flour (in case the mix seems too wet)

Topping suggestions: pesto, onions, olives, roast beets, avocado, goat cheese

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees & line a baking sheet with parchment paper
2. In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients; add in flour if the mixture seems too wet (it shouldn't be super runny when you scoop it onto the parchment)
3. Spread the mixture out evenly on the parchment paper using a spoon to smooth out the edges and top.
4. Cook for 15 minutes, remove from oven to sprinkle toppings on and then cook for another 5- 10 minutes until everything is cooked/ melted to your liking.

So far my favourite combos have had contrasts of flavour such as sweet and bitter (cooked beets with goat cheese) or salty and creamy (olives and avocados), and I love dipping it in olive oil and balsamic vinegar mixed with some herbs de Provence for a yummy Mediterranean twist. I'm looking forward to trying out a lot more combos over the Summer (how great would this be to bring to a potluck?). Hope you like it as much as I do!

March posts sponsored by