expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Cookie Consent

Monday, June 20, 2016

Ari's Frozen Luau Birthday Party {Part 2}

Last week I shared some of the photos from Ari's Frozen Luau party, (see that post here), and today I wanted to share how I mixed the Frozen theme in with a luau. Originally I planned on blending all the pinks and blues together but thought it was too busy when it came time to decorate. Instead, I created a Frozen corner that had all the blue and snowflakes, etc that come to mind when you think of a typical Frozen theme. This worked out perfect for when Elsa paid the birthday girl and friends a visit! This is where she sat down to spend time with the kids and where I set up activities such as colouring and tattoos that tied in with the Frozen theme. Our little guests also got to choose a crown just like Elsa's from Paper & Parties Co to take home in their goodie bags. See below for some Frozen party inspo! 




To tie the Frozen side of the room in with the luau, I made a mini balloon garland and hung it with a 'Let It Go' banner from Paper & Parties Co and a giant tissue snowflake and honeycombs from Turkey's Party Makers. I also set up my dining room table with a pretty snowflake table runner (also from Paper and Parties Co) and a variety of Frozen- inspired items such as colouring and tattoos, along with the crowns the little partygoers got to take home (I'd hoped to get a photo of them all wearing them, but wrangling that many toddlers for a photo is pretty much impossible!). 






Probably the highlight of the party was when Elsa paid the kids a visit and seeing Ari's face light up. I pretty much melted me on the spot. Instead of shelling out money on gifts for Ari, we decided to put the money towards a visit from Elsa and had a great experience working with My Little Birthday Princess to arrange for the surprise. Since we knew Ari would be receiving gifts from friends and family, Will and I thought gifting her and her friends this experience would be a fun way to spend our birthday gift budget, and we weren't disappointed. Not only was Elsa great with the kids, organizing games (again, wrangling a group of toddlers takes patience and talent, even for a Frozen Queen!) and makeup, she also sang her famous song- 'Let It Go'- and gave each of the guests a little gift before she left. As a special gift for the birthday girl, Elsa gave Ari a snowflake ornament, which will always remind us of Ari turning 3 and this special experience. We chose the 'My Little Princess Party' package and I'd absolutely say this was money well spent. 





I think every birthday for parents tugs at your heartstrings; your child is one year older and you always find yourself saying 'where is the time going?!". I'll admit, the party was a bit of work to organize, but I enjoyed planning it and, most importantly, the birthday girl and her friends seemed to enjoy it. Whether you like to go all- out, or just like to include a few fun ideas when it comes to party planning, I hope you like how I pulled together this mashed- up Frozen luau theme. Parties don't have to be stressful or cost a tonne of money to be fun and I tried to keep that in mind as I planned this one (I hit up the dollar store many times for things like the goodie bag items and miscellaneous decor and items such as paper cups/ plates, which have become party necessitates of mine to keep clean up to a minimum). 

Don't forget to check out Part 1 of this post to check out all the fun I had with the tropical/ luau part of the theme and see how I brought in the Frozen theme with a luau party. See below for sources info for the party from both posts.

SOURCES

Cake
The Delighted Baker 
Instagram: @thedelightedbaker
Opening for orders soon!

Popcorn
The Popcorn Bar
Instagram: @the.popcorn.bar
Twitter: @the_popcorn_bar 

Decorations
'Let It Go' banner, glitter tiaras, &snowflake table runner
Paper & Parties Co
Instagram: @paperandparties
Facebook: Paper & Parties

Gold glitter cake topper, pineapple and flamingo glitter garlands, flamingo & pineapple confetti (used to make frozen ice bucket)
Dixie + Twine
Instagram: @dixieandtwine
Pinterest: Dixie + Twine 

Balloons, Olaf balloon, tissue honeycombs, plastic wine glasses, party straws, drink umbrellas, faux tropical leaves
Turkey's Party Makers
Instagram: @turkeyspartymakers
Facebook: Turkeys Party Makers Ltd

Misc decorations: Grass table skirt, faux grasses (on wall), ice cream cups & spoons, basic balloons, flamingo lawn decoration
Dollorama

Elsa (see Part 2 coming soon!)
My Little Birthday Princess
Twitter: @mylittlebday