expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Cookie Consent

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Moments That Melt My Heart

I can't believe this Father's Day will be our family's third- where has the time gone?! Three years ago this Father's Day our little blondie came into the world and gave us the new title of Mom & Dad. Becoming a parent brings out a side of you that didn't exist before and there are so many special moments to capture and memories to be made. And there's something extra special about watching the men in our lives interact with these little people that are ours, bringing out a softer and gentler side that no- one else can. These are the moments that make it all worth it.

'Sushi! Yum yum yum!' This made me laugh so hard. (She always asks to wear this shirt and it also happened to match our dinner)

In the past three years there have been countless moments that have been captured in photos, but thanks to Gerber's #GrowingUpGerber campaign and Linquia, I'm sharing some of my favourites with Ari and Will from the past few months that show the special bond these two have developed, the one that only a father and daughter can have. Ari challenges us and pushes boundaries every day, but these moments are reminders of why it's all worth it, especially on those days that call for a wicked sense of humour and glass of wine when the kids are in bed. Like I said, these photos are more recent, but I love how they show how these two have become so close, forming their own special bond. They melt my heart and make me laugh like no others, so even though I have some pretty cute shots with Liam too, I thought I'd dedicate this post to these two.

Wishing a Happy Father's Day to all the amazing Dads out there!

Reading is one of our favourite activities and Will will snuggle up and read a pile of books to her anytime of day (and Cuordoroy has become a well- loved story). It's hard to get photos of him, but I managed to capture this candid moment before he noticed me.

This one especially tugs at my heartstrings: from our first trip to the gastroenterologist this Spring, I couldn't resist snapping a few shots of this sweet moment (she was so excited to see a Nemo fish and it lightened the mood of an otherwise serious day).

For everyone who went to the Tulip Festival in Abbotsford earlier this year, you know how beautiful it was. And even thought we got plenty of photos of the pretty fields, this is one of my favourites- especially since Will kept having to prop Ari up higher so she could see out of the hole ('hurry up and take the photo!'. Added bonus: we got to introduce Ari to something from her Dutch heritage (tulips!).


What are some of your favourite moments that 'make it all worth it'?

Thank you to Gerber for sponsoring today's post and inspiring me to share the moments that make it all worth it. #GrowingUp Gerber