expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Cookie Consent

Saturday, October 8, 2016

Yoga Expo Highlights

Who made it out to the Yoga Expo last weekend at the Vancouver Convention Centre? There was a great variety of exhibitors with everything from apparel and accessories to healthy snacks up for grabs plus free unlimited yoga over the two- day event. It was a good start for this yoga- everything event in Vancouver and I hope next year that it's even bigger- especially since Vancouver is such a health and yoga- loving place. It's the perfect location for such an event and I hope organizers bring it back in 2017. Vancouver is known for one big brand in particular, but there is so much more to the city when it comes to it's yoga culture and community. 

I loved checking out some of the brands at the event and trying out aerial yoga (think acrobatic silks meets yoga) and came home after splurging on a few things- picking up some new leggings from My Inner Fire on sale pretty much made my day! Yoga has become a special part of my life and I loved chatting with others who are passionate about it as well. There's way more to this world full of mind- bending poses than I used to think and I'm loving learning all about it. See below for some highlights and info about the event (plus my shopping haul! ;) ).

I may have splurged a little... ;)



These beauties are made from reclaimed saries- how pretty would these be for a Winter vacation?


This was such a blast: trying out aerial yoga with Tantra Fitness! I've never tried anything like this before and I think I might sign up for a class- who wants to join me???



There was a great variety of brands at the event and I love me some retail therapy! ;)



Brands/ Companies shown (top to bottom):
S'Well | Hemm Fit


The Yoga Expo is held at various venues throughout North America, with the Vancouver event being the first 2- day Yoga Expo (how awesome is that?!). The events feature unlimited yoga and meditation programs, local and sustainable food to try, live music throughout the duration of the event, and a yoga marketplace so you can load up on everything you need. All levels of experience are able to sign up for the classes suited to their abilities, all you have to bring is your mat and dress in suitable workout wear. For full event details, including upcoming locations, visit the Yoga Expo website.