expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Cookie Consent

Friday, November 18, 2016

Don't Go to Bed with Your Makeup On! {Review}



Two weeks ago I teamed up with Ciny & Kaite from Rodan & Fields to share 5 Skincare Tips, and #5- never go to bed with your makeup on, is something I've been guilty of a lot lately. Oops. I know it's not good for my skin and I have no excuses, I'm really just being lazy at the end of the day And I definitely notice the difference when I skip removing my makeup. My skin feels less than fresh the next day and it's texture goes from smooth and soft to broken out and bumpy. Not so great.

I tend to wear lighter/ more natural makeup, but that's still not an excuse to skip washing my face and caring for my skin. But still, I'll totally admit most nights I'm just too tired to spend the few extra minutes to go through my skincare routine. When I was chatting with Kaite and Cindy about this as we organized our collaborations, they mentioned a product perfect for those nights when you're feeling lazy, but know you shouldn't go to bed with your makeup on: Rodan & Field's Eye Cloths. Even though they're formulated to remove things like eye liner and mascara, the ladies suggested trying them on my whole face and putting them to the test, so I did just that. In the photos below you'll see before & after photos- I removed the makeup from the left side of my face to show the difference- plus what the cloth looked like after removing the makeup from just one side (put it this way: it was a good reminder why I shouldn't be lazy with this part of my beauty routine!). See my review of the R&F Eye Cloths below.

My makeup routine: I use a little bit of concealer to even out skin tone, mineral powder and bronzer, plus a highlighter on my skin; mascara & sometimes eyeshadow for my eyes; and brow pencil to fill in my eyebrows. 


The eye cloths come in packs of 30 and are recommended for use after cleansing your face. To test and show how well they worked, I skipped cleansing before I used mine.


On the left side of my face I started by removing my eye makeup, making sure to remove all of my mascara (my favourite item in my makeup bag! ;) ), then used the cloth to wipe off the rest of the makeup on my skin on that side of my face. The cloth was soft on my skin and I didn't have to work hard for it to work effectively. I was grateful for this since I find the skin around my eyes can be quite sensitive.


This is the first 'after' photo- if you look closely you can see that the skin on the left side of my face is slightly lighter (bye bye bronzer!) and the length of my eyelashes is different on each side with the mascara removed from the left side.


A closer view of my skin & eyes sans makeup


This is what the cloth looked like after cleaning off just the left side of my face...


... and here's another view so you can really see what the cloth removed. I can see why my skin isn't so healthy after a few lazy nights with my skincare routine.


The Eye Cloths from Rodan & Fields claim to be dual- purpose, helping to reduce signs of aging as well as removing makeup. While I didn't address that aspect with this review, I was really happy with how they worked when it came to removing my makeup. I appreciated how gentle they are while being strong enough to remove everything from mineral powder to mascara. When I rubbed the cloth over my eye there was no irritation or stinging as I've experienced with other products, and they didn't irritate the sensitive skin around my eyes. The rest of my skin felt clean and fresh, and I loved how quick and simple the cloth made removing my makeup. After using, you don't rinse with water, simply follow up with a moisturizer and/ or eye cream. For full product details, see this page on the R&F website. If you have any questions about the product reviewed in this post or are curious about R&F, see contact info below to get in touch with Cindy & Kaite.

Want healthier, happier skin this Fall (+ year- round)? See this post with 5 tips from Kaite & Cindy.

About Rodan + Fields
Rodan + Fields offers dermatology- inspired skincare from the founding ladies behind Proactive. The company offers full- face solutions and strives to help it's consumers find the products containing the right ingredients for their skin type to create a regimen suited to their skincare needs. 

About Kaite & Cindy
This two- lady team each came to work with R + F for different reasons: Cindy, a mother of 3 was looking for help with her tired, dull, and wrinkling skin. With a daughter in need of 24- hour care, Cindy's skin reflected the stress in her life and she found R + F after complimenting a friend who had struggled with acne for some time; when she discovered the quality of the products, and how effective they were, she decided to pursue R + F professionally herself. Kaite on the other hand hadn't struggled with skincare issues (except maybe enjoying a little too much time in the sun!), but became interested after hearing about the company from Cindy. After learning about R + F, it's products, and speaking with Cindy, Kaite decided to team up with her to help others find solutions for their skincare needs. For both ladies, working with R + F has been transformative, allowing them to find solutions for their own skin, help others with their needs, and pursuing careers they enjoy in the process.

To learn more about R + F, and to find products suited to your skincare needs, get in touch with Kaite & Cindy:

Click here to visit their R + F page

Find them on social media:
Facebook: Rodan + Fields Trailblazers
Instagram: @loveyourskin3